Marketing & Communications Manager
Faculty of Science at the University of Bath UK
Simone Dumergue is the Marketing & Communications Manager for the Faculty of Science at the University of Bath.
Her role includes:
- providing strategic marketing advice to the Dean and Heads of Department
- market analysis for product development and portfolio review
- launching new products
- shaping key selling points, messaging and positioning in consultation with academic departments
- campaign planning, execution and management
- planning and supporting the Faculty’s international recruitment strategy
- developing the Faculty’s conversion activities to support recruitment targets
- contributing to multi-stakeholder University projects
Simone is a member of various cross-University working groups, steering groups and Faculty Executive.
Her team won a Faculty prize in 2019 for support of academic colleagues and Simone received an Outstanding Contribution award from the University in 2018 for innovative initiatives developed in the Faculty that were then adopted by the wider University
Simone is a Chartered Marketer with a BSc (Hons) in Human Nutrition from the University of Otago (transferring from University of Canterbury after her first year) and a Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing in the UK.
After an initial few years as an industry nutritionist for Fonterra, overseeing clinical trials and formulating new products for global roll-out, Simone has spent the last 20 years developing her marketing career in New Zealand and the UK. She has worked in industries as diverse as FMCG, software, professional services, and the charity sector and held roles from brand manager to marketing consultant and interim director of marketing.
When she is not enthusing about customer journey mapping and portfolio review, Simone can be found trail running across the varied terrain of the UK. She completed her first ultramarathon in July and has finally recovered enough to think another one might be a good idea.