The Marketing and Communications course outlines the basic principles underpinning contemporary practice and standards in Marketing and Communications within the education sector.
The Marketing and Communications course will equip you with practical skills for you to advance your career in Marketing and Communications and is suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners within the field.
Once registered you’ll be given a login for our myLearning online training site – this will be mid-late March.
*Please note: Bookings will open soon for our May 2021 training program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to provide an expression of interest so we can keep you up to date on 2021 course outlines and registration dates.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the role of marketing in a school and what it means to be market-driven
- Discuss core marketing concepts as they relate to education
- Explain the importance of developing a school-wide marketing program/plan
- Identify and implement essential elements of a marketing plan in line with your school’s strategic plan
- Recognise the importance of internal marketing and discuss strategies to align, educate and motivate staff
- Develop a media management plan for your school (includes media policy, media monitoring, crisis management, handling interviews)
- Discuss and implement effective social media marketing strategies
- Discuss brand management within an educational setting (eg style guides)
- Introductory pre-course work (independent online learning) – approximately 15 hours
- Two-day face-to-face training program
You are expected to complete your pre-course work and submit the tasks/assessments prior to attending the face-to-face training program in Melbourne. You will be provided with a brand new online Educate Plus training resource which includes links to examples, videos and training sites.
2021 Training Dates
When: 6-7 May, 2021, 9am – 5pm
Where: University of Melbourne
Educate Plus Members (all membership types)
$ 636.36 + $ 63.64 GST
Non-Members – includes membership
$ 909.09 + $ 90.91 GST
This is all-inclusive and covers the course materials, resources and the administration costs associated with running the training. Note: Participants will need to cover their own airfares and accommodation (if required) to attend the face-to-face component of the course.
For further information and any other queries, please contact Education and Training at email@example.com