Marketing & Communications
This course outlines the basic principles underpinning contemporary practice and standards in Marketing and Communications within the education sector. The training program will equip you with practical skills for you to advance your career in Marketing and Communications. This course is suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners within the field.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the role of marketing in a school and what it means to be market-driven
- Discuss core marketing concepts as they relate to education
- Explain the importance of developing a strategic school-wide marketing program/plan
- Identify and implement essential elements of a strategic marketing plan
- Recognise the importance of internal marketing and discuss strategies to align, educate and motivate staff
- Develop a media management plan for your school (includes media policy, media monitoring, crisis management, handling interviews)
- Discuss and implement effective social media marketing strategies
- Discuss brand management within an educational setting (eg style guides)
Pre Course work: (Approx 15 hours work)
The online learning component consists of assigned readings and assessment questions for you to attempt based on your reading. You can expect to spend up to 15hr to complete this online learning component.
Educate Plus Members (all membership types)
$ 636.36 + $ 63.64 GST
Non-Members – No membership, thank you
$ 909.09 + $ 90.91 GST
Non-Members – Please include $300 full membership
$ 936.36 + $ 93.64 GST
This is all-inclusive and covers the course materials, resources, text book and the administration costs associated with running the courses. Note: Participants will need to cover their own airfares and accommodation (if required) to attend the residential component of these courses.
Members with any questions relating to the proposed training program are invited to contact our Training Manager, Mariya Mustan email@example.com
2017 Training Course
The 2017 training program will be held on 19 & 20 October at the University of Melbourne. You are are expected to complete and submit your pre-course online work prior to attending the training program in Melbourne.
Please download the Course Outline for more details on the training program.