Alumni – now an online course for 2017
This course outlines the basic principles underpinning contemporary practice and standards in alumni engagement. The course is particularly relevant for people working in Alumni and Development roles. The training program will equip you with practical skills for you to advance your career in Alumni Relations. This course is suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners within the field.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of engaging students and young alumni with programs to encourage greater future alumni engagement
- Outline the importance of segmentation, strategies and engagement
- Identify strategies and structures to ensure and encourage alumni engagement
- Develop publications and communications with effective branding and content targeted to alumni
- Identify the potential benefits and drawbacks of the different communication methods
- Recognise the importance of accurate and up-to-date alumni database systems
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of the basic data management systems and software
- Identify and develop an effective approach to planning and delivering alumni events (eg career services, clubs, chapters and affinity groups) including harnessing the support of alumni
- Identify the best practice approach to fundraising from alumni
- Identify the potential legal and privacy issues surrounding the governance of alumni association
- Outline and discuss the most effective and efficient governance structures to ensure alumni associations are aligned and working with institutional management and governance
course work: (Approx 30 hours work)
The online learning component consists of assigned readings and assessment questions for you to attempt based on your reading. You can expect to spend up to 30hr to complete this online learning.
Educate Plus Members (all membership types)
$ 600 inc. GST
Non-Members – No membership, thank you
$ 800 inc. GST
Non-Members – Please include $300 full membership
$ 950 inc. GST
This is all-inclusive and covers the course materials, resources and the administration costs associated with running the courses. Note: There is no residential component to this course.
Members with any questions relating to the proposed training program are invited to contact our Training Manager, Mariya Mustan email@example.com
2017 Training Course
As a result of member requests, the 2017 training program will now be an online course. Please download the Course Outline for more details on the training program.