The Alumni and Community Relations course outlines the basic principles underpinning contemporary practice and standards in alumni engagement and community relationship management. This course is particularly relevant for people working in Alumni and Development roles.
The Alumni and Community Relations course will equip you with practical skills for you to advance your career and is suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners within the field.
This course is presented online, in a self paced format, consisting of independent online learning and pre-coursework (approx 30hr) and watching 5 training recordings which are maximum 1 hour in length individually.
Once registered you’ll be given a login for our moodle online training site.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of engaging students and young alumni with programs to encourage greater future alumni engagement
- Identify strategies and structures to ensure and encourage alumni engagement
- Develop publications and communications with effective branding and content targeted to alumni
- Identify the potential benefits and drawbacks of the different communication methods
- Recognise the importance of accurate and up-to-date alumni database systems
- Identify and develop an effective approach to planning and delivering alumni events (eg career services, clubs, chapters and affinity groups) including harnessing the support of alumni
- Identify the best practice approach to fundraising from alumni
- Identify the potential legal and privacy issues surrounding the governance of alumni association
- Outline and discuss the most effective and efficient governance structures to ensure alumni associations are aligned and working with institutional management and governance
The Alumni training consists of introductory coursework and 9 topics. Participants will complete the introductory coursework and the first 5 topics via our moodle learning system. The online video recordings will cover the final 4 topics.
- Independent online learning (consisting of introductory course material and videos on the first 5 topics) – approximately 30 hours of independent learning
- Video recordings of previous training ( 5 sessions – 3 one hour and 2 half hour sessions with Q & A)
2021 Self paced Training Dates
When: Self paced training available until Dec 2021. (We are also planning to run our next face-to-face course in September 2022. More information about this training to follow early 2022.)
Educate Plus Members (all membership types)
$300 (inclusive of GST)
*$600 (inclusive of GST)
|*The non-member rate provides the option for non-members to include individual one year membership. (Normal cost $315 p.a.)|
This is all-inclusive and covers the course materials, resources and the administration costs associated with running the training.
For further information and any other queries, please contact our Events & Training Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org