Alumni, Community Relations & Events
The Alumni course outlines the basic principles underpinning contemporary practice and standards in alumni engagement. The Alumni course is particularly relevant for people working in Alumni and Development roles.
The Alumni course will equip you with practical skills for you to advance your career in Alumni Relations. This course is suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners within the field.
From 2018 this course will be presented as a ‘blended’ course with four (4) of the modules to be completed in the Learning Management System (LMS) and a one-day residential component.
Once registered you’ll be given a User and Login for our myLearning online training site.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of engaging students and young alumni with programs to encourage greater future alumni engagement
- Identify strategies and structures to ensure and encourage alumni engagement
- Develop publications and communications with effective branding and content targeted to alumni
- Identify the potential benefits and drawbacks of the different communication methods
- Recognise the importance of accurate and up-to-date alumni database systems
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of the basic data management systems and software
- Identify and develop an effective approach to planning and delivering alumni events (eg career services, clubs, chapters and affinity groups) including harnessing the support of alumni
- Identify the best practice approach to fundraising from alumni
- Identify the potential legal and privacy issues surrounding the governance of alumni association
- Outline and discuss the most effective and efficient governance structures to ensure alumni associations are aligned and working with institutional management and governance
PRE COURSE ONLINE WORK: (APPROX 15 HOURS WORK)
- Introductory pre-course work – approximately 15 hours
- Online LMS component – approximately 15 hours
- Residential program – One-day face-to-face program
Residential Component 1 day only (friday 11 May)
Educate Plus Members (all membership types)
$ 636.36 + $ 63.64 GST
Non-Members – No membership, thank you
$ 909.09 + $ 90.91 GST
Non-Members – Please include $300 full membership
$ 936.36 + $ 93.64 GST
This is all-inclusive and covers the course materials, resources and the administration costs associated with running the courses.
2018 Training Course
When: 10 – 11 May, 2018, 9am – 5pm
Where: Northside Training Centre, Cnr Oxley & Pole Lane, Crows Nest, Sydney, NSW 2065
Please download the COURSE OUTLINE for more details on the training program.
For further information and any other queries, please contact Tina Fleming – Operations Manager at email@example.com.