The Alumni and Community Relations course outlines the basic principles underpinning contemporary practice and standards in Alumni and Community Relations within the education sector.
The Alumni and Community Relations course will equip you with practical skills for you to advance your career in Alumni and Community Relations and is suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners within the field.
Once registered you’ll be given a login for our moodle online training site.
Please email email@example.com with any questions
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of engaging students and young Alumni with programs to encourage greater future Alumni engagement
- Identify strategies and structures to ensure and encourage Alumni engagement
- Develop publications and communications with effective branding and content targeted to Alumni
- Identify the potential benefits and drawbacks of the different communication methods in building community engagement
- Recognise the importance of accurate and up-to-date Alumni database systems
- Identify and develop an effective approach to planning and delivering Alumni events (eg career services, clubs, chapters and affinity groups) including harnessing the support of Alumni
- Identify the best practice approach to integrate Alumni and Philanthropy
- How to engage Alumni through social media – best practice
LEARNING HOURS & ASSESSMENT
- Independent online learning – approximately 30 hours and 6 hours of face-to-face learning.
- You are expected to complete a series of assessment tasks based on your reading as part of your pre-course work. The assessment must be submitted prior to the face-to-face training. Compulsory attendance at the one-day face-to-face training.
- Educate Plus Members (all membership types) $600 (exclusive of GST)
- Non-Members $720 (exclusive of GST)
This is all-inclusive and covers the course materials, resources and administration costs associated with running the training, access to our LMS– Educate Plus moodle, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
For further information and any other queries, please contact our Events & Training Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
“This course was informative, interesting and inspiring. I thoroughly enjoyed completing this course and found it extremely worthwhile as I embark on a new career in Alumni engagement at my school in 2022.“
Graduate from our 2021 course
DATE: Friday 2 September
VENUE: George Hicks Building, International House, The University of Melbourne, 241 Royal Parade Parkville
FORMAT: Each session will be 1.5 hours (incl Q&A) with 4 sessions per day with breaks for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea