The Alumni and Community Relations course outlines the basic principles underpinning contemporary practice and standards in alumni engagement and community relationship management. This course is particularly relevant for people working in Alumni and Development roles.
The Alumni and Community Relations course will equip you with practical skills for you to advance your career and is suitable for beginner to intermediate-level practitioners within the field.
This course is presented in a ‘blended’ format, consisting of independent online learning (approx 30hr) and attendance at our online training program.
Once registered you’ll be given a login for our myLearning online training site.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of engaging students and young alumni with programs to encourage greater future alumni engagement
- Identify strategies and structures to ensure and encourage alumni engagement
- Develop publications and communications with effective branding and content targeted to alumni
- Identify the potential benefits and drawbacks of the different communication methods
- Recognise the importance of accurate and up-to-date alumni database systems
- Identify and develop an effective approach to planning and delivering alumni events (eg career services, clubs, chapters and affinity groups) including harnessing the support of alumni
- Identify the best practice approach to fundraising from alumni
- Identify the potential legal and privacy issues surrounding the governance of alumni association
- Outline and discuss the most effective and efficient governance structures to ensure alumni associations are aligned and working with institutional management and governance
The Alumni training consists of introductory coursework and 9 topics. Participants will complete the introductory coursework and the first 5 topics via our learning management system (as part of the independent online learning). The online training will cover the final 4 topics.
- Independent online learning (consisting of introductory course material and videos on the first 5 topics) – approximately 30 hours of independent learning
- Online training ( 5 sessions – 3 one hour and 2 half hour sessions with Q & A)
You are expected to complete your online coursework and submit the assessments prior to attending the online training program in May.
2021 Training Dates
When: 6 & 7 May (partial days)
Educate Plus Members (all membership types)
$400 (inclusive of GST)
$700 (inclusive of GST)
This is all-inclusive and covers the course materials, resources and the administration costs associated with running the training.
For further information and any other queries, please contact Education and Training at firstname.lastname@example.org