NSW/ACT Chapter Alumni SIG
All About Alumni
This Alumni SIG will be an informal guided forum discussion where participants will have the opportunity to share experiences, ideas, case studies and knowledge.
It will provide a unique opportunity to come together to discuss areas of high interest for those working in the field of Alumni.
DISCUSSION FORUM TOPICS
Engaging Young Alumni
- Social media – where are they engaging?
- Events – what social events do they enjoy?
- Communication and connecting – Is email still as relevant now? Is Facebook declining? Is there a better way to go? Instagram, What’sApp, SMS, LinkedIn
- Do we need to segment engagement further or differently/vertically such as arts, sciences, humanities etc?
- Tips to track and update emails addresses
- Reunions – discussion around relevance of 1 and 5 year reunions and what in between (on or off school campus)
- Connecting alumni through mentoring – Through digital platforms? Create your own database? How do these programs best work?
Alumni and Fundraising
- How do schools structure Alumni fundraising – what is working well, what needs help?
- External companies? Case studies, benchmarking, and school-based surveys.
Thursday 13 June
2.30 – 4.00pm
Mabel Fidler Building, Henry Street, Gordon
Travel/Parking: Gordon Train Station (2-minute walk), on-street parking, or at the Gordon Shopping Centre (a 5-minute walk).