All About Alumni
This Alumni SIG will be an informal guided forum discussion where participants will have the opportunity to share experiences, ideas, case studies and knowledge.
It will provide a unique opportunity to come together to discuss areas of high interest for those working in the field of Alumni.
DISCUSSION FORUM TOPICS
Engaging Young Alumni
- Social media – where are they engaging?
- Events – what social events do they enjoy?
- Communication and connecting – Is email still as relevant now? Is Facebook declining? Is there a better way to go? Instagram, What’sApp, SMS, LinkedIn
- Do we need to segment engagement further or differently/vertically such as arts, sciences, humanities etc?
- Tips to track and update emails addresses
- Reunions – discussion around relevance of 1 and 5 year reunions and what in between (on or off school campus)
- Connecting alumni through mentoring – Through digital platforms? Create your own database? How do these programs best work?
Alumni and Fundraising
- How do schools structure Alumni fundraising – what is working well, what needs help?
- External companies? Case studies, benchmarking, and school-based surveys.
Thursday 13 June
2.30 – 4.00pm
Mabel Fidler Building, Henry Street, Gordon
Travel/Parking: Gordon Train Station (2-minute walk), on-street parking, or at the Gordon Shopping Centre (a 5-minute walk).