Written by Mandy McFarland | CEO, Educate Plus | 21 July 2023
CEO BLOG // My Summit Experience
The program was superbly constructed and offered learning and networking opportunities to every delegate, regardless of how experienced or new they were to Advancement. I spent the two days engaging with 280 people from all types of backgrounds, different educational institutions and different roles, and had the most wonderful conversations (it’s one of the things I love most about Educate Plus!).
These were my take-aways and personal reflections on each:
- You don’t know what you don’t know.
- (MM: And everyone is willing to share what they do know in true Educate Plus style!)
- Putting yourself out there really pays dividends.
- (MM: Networking is probably the single most valuable asset we have!)
- A high quality speaker can ignite so much new thinking and inspiration.
- (MM: It’s incumbent on us to find our own sources of professional inspiration)
- What can we each do to give back?
- (MM: These Summits are produced by volunteers – men and women with hugely demanding jobs who have prioritised professional volunteerism.)
- Ask for help.
- (MM: There is so much professional support available through suppliers and partners to our industry – you don’t have to do it all by yourself or have every ounce of expertise)
- Have some fun! We participated in a drumming activity that was just full of joy and laughter and community.
- (MM: Sorry to Jo who sat next to me as I got into it very seriously!)
Finally, to the Summit Chair, Marion Cape and the Chapter President, Tracey Grobbelaar and their awesome Committee – a huge thank you for all of your efforts in organising such an invaluable event for our Members!
Written by Mandy McFarland | CEO | Educate Plus
Educate plus – A Network of Advancement Professionals