Educate Plus

Sources of Professional Inspiration

Sources of Professional Inspiration

Written by Mandy McFarland | CEO, Educate Plus | 21 July 2023

CEO BLOG // My Summit Experience

Last week, I had the huge joy and privilege of being able to participate in the VIC/TAS Chapter Summit held at Siena College, a Catholic girls’ school in beautiful Camberwell in Melbourne.

The program was superbly constructed and offered learning and networking opportunities to every delegate, regardless of how experienced or new they were to Advancement. I spent the two days engaging with 280 people from all types of backgrounds, different educational institutions and different roles, and had the most wonderful conversations (it’s one of the things I love most about Educate Plus!).

These were my take-aways and personal reflections on each:

• You don’t know what you don’t know.
    • (MM: And everyone is willing to share what they do know in true Educate Plus style!)
  • Putting yourself out there really pays dividends.
    • (MM: Networking is probably the single most valuable asset we have!)
  • A high quality speaker can ignite so much new thinking and inspiration.
    • (MM: It’s incumbent on us to find our own sources of professional inspiration)
  • What can we each do to give back?
    • (MM: These Summits are produced by volunteers – men and women with hugely demanding jobs who have prioritised professional volunteerism.)
  • Ask for help.
    • (MM: There is so much professional support available through suppliers and partners to our industry – you don’t have to do it all by yourself or have every ounce of expertise)
  • Have some fun! We participated in a drumming activity that was just full of joy and laughter and community.
    • (MM: Sorry to Jo who sat next to me as I got into it very seriously!)

Finally, to the Summit Chair, Marion Cape and the Chapter President, Tracey Grobbelaar and their awesome Committee – a huge thank you for all of your efforts in organising such an invaluable event for our Members!

Written by Mandy McFarland | CEO | Educate Plus

Educate plus – A Network of Advancement Professionals

www.educateplus.org

We thank our Strategic Partners