Educate Plus

Open Days vs Open Mornings

Home Forums Members Marketing & Communications Open Days vs Open Mornings

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrea Halliday
      Forum Participant

We are currently reviewing our schedule for next year regarding whether it is still worthwhile having an Open Day on a weekend compared to running a number of Open Mornings throughout the year. I’d be very grateful for any observations or advice from other schools as to whether you have changed how you run Open Days, the value of them vs the amount of work involved and if you’ve seen any difference in participation numbers if you’ve decided to not do an Open Day.

Thanks
      Andrea

Naomi De Rosa
      Forum Moderator

HI Andrea,

Thank you for posting to our forum. I will promote your post on social media early next week to get your discussion going.

I hope this helps!

Naomi

Alice Tidmarsh
      Forum Participant

Hi Andrea
      We are considering the same move due to a large increase in numbers at Open Mornings and a steady decline in those at Open Day. I am interested to see what others have to say!
      We used to get 10-15 families on Open Mornings and now we are getting 50-70, in previous years we have had well over 1000 at Open Day and this year was 800, a lot of which we think are current parents. So we are also looking for a solution to showcase student work to current parents.
      Alice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We thank our Organisational Platinum Sponsors