Educate Plus

Digital Student records

Home Forums Members Digital Student records

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      janette-collins
      Forum Participant

Hi Everyone,
      At St John’s we are considering moving to fully digital student records. Like most schools, we have moved away from paper-based school reports and now we would like to move away from paper-based student files – that is applications letter of offer and acceptance agreements etc.

It would be great to link up with any schools that have gone down this path for opinions and pitfalls.

Jenny Pearce
      Forum Participant

Janette,
      before you move into completely digital records to need to ensure your school has a Digital Record Keeping Policy that will ensure Retention of the digital records as per at least the recommendations of the Royal Commission as outlined in the Retention Schedule for Independent Schools released by the Australian Society of Archivists earlier this year. It is no good going completely digital without first ensuring their longevity and access over the long term.
      Jenny Pearce
      National Convener for School Archivists

Michael Burgess
      Forum Participant

Correct Jenny and also the Contract needs to be retained for a longer time. Having done this some ten years ago there is a lot of work at the start before you go down the digital path. send me an email and I will give you a link. There are many companies that will offer to store your data but in the end you want a document Management System or an Enterprise Management system. Many of the photocopy companies have gone down these paths. I used Fuji Xerox with their Docushare Management System integrated into Maze and am now upgrading using their Intellidox system. Ricoh are also doing similar but I have not used them.
      Good luck
      Michael Burgess
      burgess.michael@trinity.wa.edu.au

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We thank our Organisational Platinum Sponsors