Student Engagement Manager
Posted on August 15, 2017
|Position||Student Engagement Manager|
|Employer||Financial Planning Association|
|Location||Sydney CBD, NSW|
|Closing Date||Saturday, 30th September 2017|
- Financial Services
- High profile professional member based Association
- Supportive, friendly and flexible work environment
- Make a difference at a time of change
The Financial Planning Association (FPA) is Australia’s leading professional community of financial planners. Our 12,000 members are at the forefront of a profession currently on a journey to building consumer confidence and trust. The FPA vision is that, through our members, we stand with Australians for a better financial future. They do this by raising education and professional standards in financial planning, and connecting consumers to the right financial advice.
A unique opportunity exists for an experienced Student Engagement Manager to join the team. Located in the CBD and reporting to the Head Member Engagement and Community Services, the Student Engagement Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting the business plan to manage the FPA student engagement program to develop student interest in the profession.
Why work for the FPA
The FPA offers a work environment where your input is valued and respected. The FPA values your contribution and encourages teamwork. The aim is for people to work together and balance work with home time. Flexibility can be offered to attract talented staff. The team at the FPA are passionate about what they do. They want to improve the profession and deliver better outcomes for the community and the profession. Staff at the FPA enjoy coming to work and making a difference. They are not just doing a job. If you share this passion, then we are keen to hear from you.
What we would like you to do
• Promote the pathway on how to become a financial planner and market the proposition to university students.
• Promote the benefits of becoming an FPA member and a CFP® professional.
• Build relationships with local student ambassadors at accredited universities
• Partner with an independent organisation with existing relationships with students at universities, to increase FPA awareness among students.
• Track student events organised by members and provide guidance where required.
• Oversee the FPA Student Prize Award at each accredited university to ensure top students are recognised
• Work with student council representatives to sponsor university open days and/or attend if applicable
• Support students by working with universities to develop and review an internship program involving FPA members
• Establish working group to assist with student engagement strategy
• Create digital marketing/communications strategy to support student engagement initiatives to empower members
• Increase quality and quantity of student engagement activities with Universities around Australia and activities involving Chapter Committees.
• Roll out and monitor success of school engagement kit.
• Develop engagement initiatives with licencees to bring about awareness of CFP to student members in conjunction with Head of Advice Partnerships and Membership.
Skills we would like to see
• At least three – five years of experience within the professional association or education sector in a similar role.
• Relevant academic qualifications.
• Strong organisation and communication skills
• Good computer literacy with the ability to learn in-house systems including databases – advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher, experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) (preferred), basic HTML, Adobe Acrobat and a mass email marketing system (preferred).
• Association, finance or professional services experience highly desirable
• Strong writing skills
• Extremely high attention-to-detail
• Superior project management abilities
• Ability to build and nurture stakeholder relationships.
If you are sick of just ‘doing a job’ and not being appreciated and you are ready to work with an organisation that will value your input and appreciate your work, then please send your CV along with a cover letter explaining your suitability and addressing the criteria in this advertisement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone enquiries to Paul Dickinson on 0413 274 467.