Strategic Communications Manager
Knox Grammar School
Posted on: 24 November 2022
Closing date: 2 December, 2022
Knox Grammar School is looking for a Strategic Communications Manager to join our growing team on a full time basis.
About Knox Grammar School
Knox Grammar School (“School”) is an Independent, multi-campus K-12 day and boarding school for boys located at Wahroonga on Sydney’s North Shore and is acknowledged as one of Australia’s leading boys’ schools. One of the School’s campuses, Wahroonga Preparatory School, is a PK-Year 6 co-educational campus. The current level of enrolment is approximately 3,100 students who are nurtured, educated and cared for by highly skilled academic, support and operational staff. The School is a faith-based Uniting Church School and provides a secure environment with outstanding facilities where boys can develop academically, culturally, socially, spiritually and through a broad range of sporting and recreational activities.
The Strategic Communications Manager will lead the development and implementation of the marketing, communications and media relations strategy for the School. They will utilise their expertise in the marketing and communication field to enhance the School’s reputation as a global leader in innovative and positive education.
The Strategic Communications Manager reports to the Head of Community Relations, Events and Communications. Direct reports to this role include the Publications Manager and two newly created positions, Content and Social Media Coordinator and Graphic Designer. As with all School employees the role is ultimately responsible to the Headmaster.
The Strategic Communications Manager is responsible for developing and leading the execution of the marketing and communications (including media relations) strategic plan and associated budget for the School. They will be responsible for developing, delivering and driving communication strategies that support the School’s strategic plan and organisational objectives and they will lead the School’s brand development in all media formats.
Qualifications and Skills
The Strategic Communications Manager will have:
• A degree in journalism, marketing and communications or similar is highly desirable however, commensurate work experience in those fields may be considered
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in proactively cultivating relationships with journalists, newspapers and other media channels
• Strong awareness of educational and social issues
• Expertise in print, electronic and current social media channels with the ability to translate the optimal marketing and communication mediums for Knox publicity and communication
• High level ICT skills including an understanding of website Content Management Systems
• Highly proficient in desktop publishing skills
• Experience or willingness to quickly learn InDesign, Photoshop and website Content Management Systems
• Strong organisational skills and proven ability to manage time and prioritise conflicting work schedules and deadlines
• Proven experience in stakeholder management and negotiation
• High level professional presentation skills
How to Apply
For the full role description and to apply for the role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before Friday 2nd December 2022.
Successful applicants will be required to provide the School with a current NSW Working with Children Check Number.
It is a requirement of employment to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) for COVID-19.