University of Otago
Posted on: 18 January 2023
Closing date: 8 February, 2023
DEVELOPMENT and ALUMNI RELATIONS OFFICE
EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENT DIVISION
About our team/Mō te tīma
The University of Otago is New Zealand’s first and oldest University. It has a strong teaching and research tradition and well-established national and international linkages. It is also one of New Zealand’s largest universities, with over 20,000 students, assets in excess of $1.6 billion and 4,000 full time equivalent staff based in Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and Invercargill.
The University’s fundraising activity and alumni engagement is undertaken from the Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO). Following significant strategic investment, DARO is now working to enable the achievement of some ambitious goals for the University. It is an exciting time to be a part of the professional fundraising and alumni engagement team in DARO, so that the goodwill, nostalgia and willingness to support the university is leveraged and maximised for the future of the University.
The role/Te mahi
Reporting directly to the Director, Development and Alumni Relations, the Stewardship Officer is responsible for:
– developing and coordinating a comprehensive stewardship programme for donors;
– scholarship funding support and liaison with the Scholarships office and providing stewardship of DARO Scholars; and
– ensuring the DARO database is kept up to date and includes electronic records where relevant.
This is a key role within the team to ensure that the relationship between the philanthropic community and the University continues to enhance and grow.
Your skills and experience/Kā pūkeka me kā wheako
– A University degree in a communication-rich subject.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Experience working in a similar partner management/customer service role.
– Ability to interact effectively and quickly gain credibility with a wide variety of individuals, groups and organisations.
– Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must for this role, as well as the ability to demonstrate an international outlook and sensitivity for cultural differences.
There is a requirement to work outside normal office hours, e.g. evening work to attend University and Development Office events.
This is a permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week) position.
The appointment range is $66,852 to $72,918 per annum.
We offer competitive salary, 5 weeks’ annual leave, a 6.75% superannuation scheme, and the ability to achieve real work/life balance.
You will work on exciting projects that contribute to the betterment of NZ and humanity as a whole – this is an exciting time and an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click the apply button. Applications quoting reference number 2300135 will close on Wednesday, 8 February 2023.
To view all current vacancies go to: www.otago.ac.nz/jobs
To APPLY click here.
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.