The Wenona School
Posted on:16 June 2022
Closing date:4 July, 2022
Wenona values support staff who demonstrate a positive and proactive approach to their work and have a willingness to participate fully in the life of the School. We look for enthusiastic, dedicated and capable staff who demonstrate initiative, good humour, and professional behaviour and support the values and aims of the School as a global learning community.
This role is a temporary Parental Leave position, commencing early October 2022.
Overview of the role
This position has primary responsibility to develop and implement student recruitment strategies that maximise and maintain enrolments in all areas of the School.
It achieves this by:
- Managing the enrolment process, in consultation with the Director of Enrolments and Marketing, while providing an efficient, informative and client responsive service to prospective families
- Developing and maintaining a current enrolment strategy for local, overseas and boarding students, in collaboration with key staff
- Maintaining accurate enrolment records using the school database, ensuring data integrity and currency at all times
- Managing the scholarship process
- Organising any School events with an enrolment focus, including regular group tours, tour mornings, school expos, regional community events, Information and orientation days.
The position presents an important impression of the School and the values that it represents. Professionalism, confidence, presentation and a calm, positive attitude under pressure must be maintained, as well as the ability to maintain high levels of discretion and confidentiality in all circumstances.
The position also contributes to the maintenance of a positive internal culture where service, integrity, kindness and humour are valued.
Indications that this job is being done successfully would include:
- Reaching appropriate student enrolment targets in all areas of the School, including day students, overseas students, boarders and scholars
- Ensuring the timely and accurate processing and managing of enrolments, including all documentation and communications associated with prospective students, scholarship recipients and overseas exchange students
- Maintaining effective database management and ongoing development of the School Register
- Reporting enrolment data to the Director of Enrolments and Marketing, and/or Principal as required
- Working with the Director of Enrolments and Marketing to drive the overseas and regional expo strategy
- Ensuring the compliance with CRICOS regulations regarding enrolment of overseas students
- Maintaining current enrolment information on the Wenona website and portal
- Coordinating all orientation documentation and activities for new students
- Supervising the Administration Assistant – Enrolments
- Developing and maintaining positive community relations through providing an authentic and professional image of the School in dealing with all enrolment enquiries
- Overseeing and conducting and/or supervising introductions to the School, including tours
- Assisting the Director of Enrolments and Marketing with regular updates and review of the Schools’ prospectus and enrolment documentation
- Supporting the promotion of, and participation in, key enrolments and marketing events:
Parent Welcome Events
Educational Profile Assessment Days
Scholarship Testing Day and Music Scholarship Audition Day
Performing other duties as negotiated with the Director of Enrolments and Marketing, and/or the Principal.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in an educational environment or similar, demonstrating success in developing and implementing enrolment strategies
- Member of Educate Plus or similar
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of people in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate, organise and prioritise administration tasks
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates high degree of computer skills; experience in use of databases (preferably Synergetic)
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
- Ability to organise and coordinate events, calendars, etc
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve team goals/deadlines
- Displays a flexible approach to dealing with staff and students, able to work collaboratively and build positive relationships.
Wenona is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
General conditions of the role
- Award/Industrial Instrument: Independent Schools NSW (Support and Operational Staff) Multi Enterprise Agreement 2021, as amended or replaced. The salary and conditions will be negotiated with the Principal depending on experience and qualifications.
- Classification: Clerical and Administrative Staff
- Hours of work: Temporary, Full Time, Monday to Friday. Daily hours will generally be 8am to 4pm (including 30 mins unpaid lunch break)
- Annual Leave: This role is term time only working 40 weeks per year.
- Reporting Line: All positions report to the Principal. The Line Manager for this position is the Director of Enrolments and Marketing.
- Professional Learning: You will be expected to attend and contribute to all staff professional development days and requirements as outlined in the School’s calendar.
Application should be submitted online via our application form and must include an up-to-date curriculum vitae, a cover letter outlining your experience, your NESA and WWCC numbers, plus the names and contact telephone numbers of two professional referees. Applications should be addressed to Wenona Principal, Dr Briony Scott.
Please direct any questions or enquiries to Ms Danielle Govers (02 9409 4400)
Wenona School is a child safe environment. Our School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all School staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations including child safe standards. Wenona’s Code of Conduct is available on our website. The successful applicant for this position will be required to provide the school with a current Working with Children Check. (https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check)
3pm, Monday 4 July 2022