Regional Account Manager, Australasia
Posted on August 28, 2017
|Position||Regional Account Manager, Australasia|
|Location||Sydney (or from home in Australia, with travel to client sites)|
|Closing Date||Monday, 25th September 2017|
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing British EdTech company in a customer-facing role. ToucanTech is a beautiful community software for schools to manage their alumni relations, fundraising, careers mentoring and more.
Cloud- based and synched with social media, the system makes it easy for schools to run their community database, mass email, events and news all in one place. We work with a wide range of K12 schools in the UK (e.g. Cranleigh, Roedean, Wetherby), as well as corporate clients such as Pearson and international schools such as St George’s in Rome and Bishops College in Cape Town.
This new role in Australia will report directly to the ToucanTech founders (based in Europe) and offers the opportunity to build the business in a new market. You’ll probably have experience of working in software sales (but not essential), and an understanding and love of the education sector. You’ll be a self-starter with immense energy for driving growth and building new relationships, and the self-reliance to work largely on your own, albeit supported by a local network of partners and daily contact with ToucanTech’s London office.
• Achieve regional sales targets (we’ll agree a realistic number of product demos and new sign-ups each month, increasing over time as our presence grows in the region)
• Build a sales pipeline in Australia and New Zealand of interested schools and colleges ready for a new community/ alumni/ development software
• Provide local key account management by responding to urgent client queries and conducting an agreed number of in-person and phone training sessions each month
• Efficiently hand-over new client set-ups and technical support to the ToucanTech head office Support team
• Feed ideas for product enhancements (from customers and wider market) in to the product development process
• Represent ToucanTech at relevant conferences and events in the region
• Be the local point of contact for any regional marketing and PR activities (centrally supported from ToucanTech HQ)
• Ensure 100% client happiness and renewal rate
We’re looking for someone who is
• Self-driven, hard-working and hungry – a natural sales person
• Degree-educated (from a top university), with excellent spoken and written English
• A clear, authentic and charming phone manner – you’ll be able to convince schools to see a product demo!
• Highly organized and always ‘happy to help’
• Naturally interested in technology, online networking and websites
• Strong with databases and comfortable reviewing data and data fields
• Some relevant experience in software sales and/ or the education sector would be helpful
Please send your CV (or link to your LinkedIn profile), along with a few sentences about why you think you would be fantastic for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following task and include your response in your email:
Imagine you are contacting a school for the first time about ToucanTech. They have a decent website but don’t appear to have a specific alumni community/ database. What would you do to convince them to see a product demo?