Pembroke School – Publications Manager
Kensington Park, SA
Posted on: 24 November 2022
Closing date: 7 December, 2022
Pembroke School is a co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12. Renowned for academic excellence and a broad, inclusive program, Pembroke offers the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) and is also an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP). Pembroke staff and students are encouraged to delight in learning, work and the exploration of their own potential.
Pembroke is seeking an enthusiastic and suitably experienced applicant to undertake the role of Publications Manager. This permanent, full time position is an important part of the Development team and School community. They are responsible for the collation, editing, production and distribution of School publications and for coordinating communications that celebrate achievements and build community engagement.
The successful candidate will:
• With guidance from the Director of Advancement, conceptualise the editorial focus of all relevant publications
• Source, store, compile and prepare for design and print, material received for school publications
• Manage the production, printing and distribution of school publications
• Source content, edit, prepare and distribute the School EDM to the agreed theme and distribution schedule
• Coordinate the digital publishing and delivery of School publications, news articles and reports
• Support the Principal and Director of Advancement with research, writing and proofreading for specific communications
• Engage and manage external graphic designers to execute publication design
• Coordinate the annual schedule of official school photography and catalogue, format and caption tutorial, sport, music, staff and other photographs
• Support the Design and Website Assistant with website maintenance, as required.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• Experience in a publications or communications role
• Experience in the development and management of print and electronic publications
• A flair for writing and exceptional editing and proof-reading skills, coupled with a high attention to detail
• Naturally collaborative, solutions-focused, positive and diplomatic approach
• Exemplary organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise work, multi-task and meet demanding deadlines
• Relevant tertiary qualification is advantageous but not mandatory
• Current Working with Children Check, Reporting Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect Training certification and First Aid qualifications.
If this sounds like your ideal role then we want to hear from you!
For further details of the responsibilities and requirements of this role, please see the Job and Person Specification which can be downloaded from the School’s website https://www.pembroke.sa.edu.au/employment.