St Catherine's College
Posted on: 7 January 2019
Closing date: 30 January, 2019
The purpose of this position is to manage the planning, implementation and maintenance of a dynamic and innovative Marketing and Communications program for the College, focussing on best-practice and achieving mutually agreed results.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Design and implement an integrated marketing and communications strategy as approved by the Director of Advancement, and work in conjunction with a team of resident interns and volunteers.
- Implement the St Catherine’s College brand, including a regular review of the Branding Guidelines.
- Localise and prepare relevant and effective marketing materials(i.e., blog posts, email newsletters, website content, campaigns, etc.).
- Maintain and manage the College’s website and social media accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Continually seeking to leverage new technology platforms.
- Manage a range of specific communications for all stakeholders, including residents, parents, Fellows and Alumni.
- Coordinate media and public relations activities.
- Manage and operationalise the advertising and printed collateral for the College including overseeing the design of the material, videography and visual images associated with the project.
- Drive the production and distribution of the triannual Banksia
- Operationally manage the team of resident interns and volunteers, and act as the main point of contact for the Marketing and Alumni Office.
- Work closely with the Deputy Head of College and Dean of Residents to continually improve the service delivery to residents.
- Coordinate, track, monitor, analyse and report on digital activities including website and social media traffic.
- Maximise attendance at events and activities through the set-up of electronic registrations, website links and general administrative tasks.
- Manage an allocated marketing budget.
- Assist staff, residents and alumni with any marketing requests.
- Contribute to detailed Marketing and Communications Reports to the Board in conjunction with the Director of Advancement and the Head of College.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and best practice in online marketing and measurement.
- Continual analysis of competitor behaviour and responding to changes in the competitive landscape.
Academic and trades qualifications
Undergraduate or postgraduate degree with a Marketing or Communications major. Comparable experience is preferred.
Work experience and skills
To be successful in this position, the following core competencies are required:
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and strong relationship building skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- High levels of service delivery.
- Strong writing ability including proof reading, editing and copywriting.
- Ability to manage a team and build capacity, particularly with young people.
- Experience in direct and acquisition marketing, including online advertising and event management.
- Ability to manage external media partners and industry contacts to provide advice on media relations for internal stakeholders.
- Proficient with a range of marketing tools and strategies and productssuch as Mailchimp, Squarespace, Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Office 356 (Outlook, OneDrive, Planner), Paperform, GSuite (Drive, Admin Console), Google Search Console, Google My Business, Google AdWords, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Appreciation of the special requirements of working in a not-for-profit organisation where many people assist on a voluntary basis.
- Creativity to translate any content into an effective communication.
- High levels of flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to prioritise time to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, initiative and the ability to work independently.
- For more detailed information on the role please contact: Lauren Humfrey at (08) 9442 0591
- Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 January 2019