Head of School
Port Macquarie Steiner School
Port Macquarie, NSW
Posted on: 21 November 2023
Closing date: 21 December, 2023
• Lead exciting new phase in a regional primary school
• Growth, engagement and learning opportunities
• Beautiful school grounds in natural environment
• Port Macquarie, Mid-Coastal NSW
Port Macquarie Steiner School is a growing and rapidly expanding Steiner school located on Birpai land in the natural beauty of the mid-north coast of New South Wales. The school is dedicated to providing a holistic and nurturing educational environment sustained by a living connection to Rudolf Steiner’s philosophy in a modern Australian context. The school is on the verge of an exciting transformation as they begin a transition to a new purpose-built site in 2024 while expanding into a full K-6 primary school.
The Head of School will assume a pivotal role in shaping Port Macquarie Steiner School’s future and leading through an exciting period of growth and transformation. This role demands an energetic and collaborative individual who can effectively work within the realms of education and project management and ensure alignment with Steiner education core principles.
The Head of School is accountable to the School’s Board of Directors for all aspects involving the day-to-day running of the school as well as the health and future viability of the school in general. They will work with the teachers to manage the delivery of the educational program to students and collaborate closely with the School Leadership Team in project management, fiscal and administrative functions. This role will also have the unique challenge of overseeing the multi- stage development of a new campus on a greenfield site while operating as a dual-campus School.
As the school moves forward into this new chapter, the Head of School will also be responsible for developing supporting roles in the Leadership Team, with the support of the Board, to ensure that they are effective, capable and thriving.
• A deep commitment to Steiner education principles,
• Proven leadership experience in education, with a preference for Steiner school experience,
• Capacity to oversee a team undertaking capital works,
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for effective engagement with diverse stakeholders,
• Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead a team,
• Financial acumen,
• Capacity to develop and grow the knowledge and understanding of Steiner philosophy in the parent and wider
• A willingness to engage with stakeholders, peak bodies, and educational networks including local mainstream and
Steiner school communities,
• Suitable qualifications, including relevant teaching registration in New South Wales or the ability to obtain it.
Port Macquarie Steiner School is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
APPLY NOW if you are an experienced and energetic educational leader eager to create a lasting impact during an exciting phase in a school’s development.
Gembridge is proud to partner with Port Macquarie Steiner School.
Please send your application or request a candidate pack to email@example.com or contact Michelle Varcoe for a confidential discussion on 03 8375 9661.