Head of Admissions at one of Australia’s largest boarding schools
Toowoomba Grammar School
Posted on: 19 May 2023
Closing date: 8 June, 2023
Head of Admissions
Join one of Australia’s leading independent boys’ boarding schools
Opportunity to grow and influence the School’s enrolment and admissions activities
Develop student recruitment strategies both local, regional and overseas markets
Toowoomba Grammar School is looking for an energetic and driven Head of Admissions to join our Advancement Team. TGS staff are passionate about boys’ education and providing an inspiring and broad curriculum for all boys informed by best practice and evidence.
About Toowoomba Grammar School
Toowoomba Grammar School was founded in 1875. It is an independent non-denominational day and boarding school for boys with a total enrolment of 1,200 from Preparatory to Year 12. There are approximately 300 boarders in the School coming predominantly from throughout Queensland, Northern New South Wales and the Northern Territory. The School’s campus covers 20.5 hectares and is located one kilometre from the centre of Toowoomba.
It is our vision that our boys will graduate from TGS with the skills to be independent, well-balanced, and successful in life. That they are boys of good character who respond well to challenges and achieve life-long wellbeing.
About the Position
The Head of Admissions position will be responsible for providing high quality, client focussed service to prospective families through the provision of a first-class admissions experience and will be responsible for overseeing the enrolment processes from enquiry to enrolment. The Head of Admission will play a key role in the marketing and community engagement strategy of the school.
What will ensure your success in this role is your adept ability to professionally promote and represent the School’s educational and business goals through building meaningful and productive connections with parents, prospective students and the wider community. Efficiency and organisation are paramount as is your ability to develop and implement student recruitment strategies to maximise and maintain enrolments across all areas of the school. You will collaborate closely with your team to drive performance outcomes and achieve targets.
You are dynamic, highly motivated, energetic and thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
You are engaging, you love working with people and have mastered the art of influencing positive outcomes and building relationships and achieving enrolment targets.
You love multi-tasking projects with short deadlines, whilst maintaining high-quality output.
You will be a proactive strategic thinker and planner who can respond to the needs of prospective families.
You have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to earn trust and credibility.
You have the ability to work independently while also consulting as necessary and contributing positively to the team, working constructively and taking responsibility for organising both your own work and that of others.
You are willing to support and value the needs of parents, students and other stakeholders.
If you are looking for a job where no one day is the same, is fast paced, challenging and exciting – then we want to hear from you!
You will be able to demonstrate your ability and commitment to:
- Developing enrolments admissions strategies (or similar sales strategies) including processes to achieve targets.
- Possessing a well-developed capacity to manage the complexity and diversity of the role.
- Demonstrating high level ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a high-volume work environment.
- Demonstrating the ability to lead and contribute to a culture that is committed to high quality client service and continuous improvement.Posessing analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills including the ability to interpret, apply and provide advice on relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Posessing exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate, develop strong working relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse client and stakeholder group across a range of mediums.
- Displaying a high level of digital literacy including the ability to use a large corporate computer system to input, access, extract and interpret data, as well as experience in using spreadsheets and other software applications.
For a full Position Description please refer to the attachment below.
How to apply:
All applications are to be submitted via TGS’s online Careers Portal and include:
a cover letter addressed to the Headmaster addressing the vacancy being applied for;
the names and contact details of three confidential referees.
For a copy of the PD, or enquiries about the role, please contact the Director of Advancement, Mrs Tammy Wilson, on 07 4687 2519 or email T.Wilson@twgs.qld.edu.au.
Applications close on Thursday, 8 June 2023.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only and TGS reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.