Head of Admissions
Canberra Grammar School
Posted on: 15 November 2022
Closing date: 2 December, 2022
The Head of Admissions role offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a high-profile, dynamic, and growing School.
The Admissions Team has undergone significant change and has overseen the rapid expansion of the School across the full age range in recent years.
The new Head of Admissions will have the rewarding challenge of building upon recent successes to ensure that the School continues to expand its appeal to current and prospective families and offers the most informative, satisfying, and personally engaging admissions experience of any school in Canberra.
The right candidate will be dedicated, passionate, and possess the following:
– Tertiary or post-graduate qualifications in Business, Sales, Marketing, or other relevant fields, or extensive experience in high-level administrative roles, ideally in an educational context
– Strategic capabilities and experience including the development of strategic implementation plans, accountability measures, training plans, and system and process implementation
– Knowledge of contemporary admissions strategies
– Change management capabilities and knowledge with skills in building influence
– Advanced systems thinking for process development and implementation as well as strong IT skills and a willingness to engage positively with new and existing technology and IT systems
– Excellent written, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills to engage warmly, openly, and tactfully with all members of the school community, including staff, students, and parents
– Demonstrated ability to liaise with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
– A clear, concise, accurate, and personable writing and speaking style
– Demonstrated ability to readily alternate between strategic and operational modes of work
– Experience in similar roles or in dealing with student admissions, communications, marketing, event management, and administration in an educational context
– Possess a warm, friendly, welcoming, and helpful point of contact for prospective families, offering access to information about the School and Admissions procedures
– Self-motivation, efficiency, focus, and determination to provide excellent performance and service
– A progressive vision for the role and for best practices in the field
– An excellent sense of judgement and discretion with which to handle sensitive and personal information
– Strong attention to detail as well as an ability to prioritise and seek assistance when necessary
Further information is available via the CGS website: https://cgs.act.edu.au/careers/