Executive Director, Development Office and The Foundation
Posted on September 13, 2017
|Position||Executive Director, Development Office and The Foundation|
|Employer||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Closing Date||Monday, 9th October 2017|
Victoria University of Wellington is New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city University. It has an international reputation for the quality of its graduates and academic excellence. It is New Zealand’s number one university for research quality.
Reporting directly to the University’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Engagement) with three direct reports, this position contributes in a highly tangible way to the ongoing success of New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university. Victoria University of Wellington is looking for an ambitious, top-calibre candidate to lead our Development Office and to provide executive services to the Foundation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Harnessing the significant support that exists for the University
- Generating new and sustainable funding streams, including a major capital campaign
- A skilled and influential leader who understands the ethos of philanthropy and who wants to work with a highly capable team of 25
- Building on the success of the Foundation and Development Office
- Strong strategic, operational and financial leadership experience from a fundraising context that includes donor development and stewardship, bequests, planned giving and capital campaigns on a significant scale
- Understanding from first-hand experience what motivates giving to a university
- You’ll be known for your gravitas, strong relationship skills and your collaborative approach
- Tertiary qualifications required
This role is a full time role based in Wellington Central.
Please follow this link to the job description: https://nz.execucare.com/jobs/educateplus/1205
If this sounds like the right job for you then please email an updated CV with a cover letter addressed to Tilda Bostwick, Execucare NZ, outlining your experience against the core competencies in the job description and tell us why you would want to work for Victoria University.
The closing date for this role is Monday 9th October
Interviews will be held 6th and 7th November 2017
Execucare is a specialist recruiter for fundraising and philanthropic professions. Member of RCSA and HRINZ, and sponsor of FINZ and Educate Plus. For more roles like this, please visit our website at www.nz.execucare.com or register as a candidate with an updated CV.