Posted on August 24, 2017
|Employer||Broughton Anglican College|
|Location||Menangle Park, NSW|
|Closing Date||Monday, 25th September 2017|
Broughton Anglican College is the leading Pre Kinder to Year 12 Independent School in the Macarthur region and provides exceptional educational opportunities to more than 1,000 students. Staff enjoy an innovative teaching environment with supportive peers, students and parents.
Broughton is seeking an energetic and experienced Enrolments Officer to support the Registrar. You will be required to manage a wide range of duties and workloads, operate in a flexible and responsive manner and display a high degree of professionalism, initiative and innovation.
This is an opportunity for an accurate and efficient Enrolments Officer with excellent interpersonal skills to join our friendly administration team.
The Enrolments Officer is responsible to the Headmaster and under the direct supervision of the Registrar – Community Development Officer.
The position is full time, 5 days per week.
As the College is a Child Safe organisation the successful candidate will be required to provide the required information for the College to undertake a Working With Children’s Check as required through Child Protection legislation.
This position will remain open until the positon is filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply promptly. Go to www.broughton.nsw.edu.au/Community/employment-1.html for information on how to apply or email email@example.com.
The Enrolments Officer should:
• demonstrate an authentic Christian faith whilst adhering to the Christian ethos of the
• be an active member of a church
• have a good understanding of and commitment to the mission and philosophy of the College
• have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• have exceptional Customer Service skills
• have good organisational ability
• have advanced computer literacy skills in word processing, spreadsheets and use of databases
• have a high standard of personal presentation and integrity
• have the ability to show initiative, common sense and the ability to problem solve
• have excellent interpersonal skills.
The Enrolments Officer will support the work of the Registrar – Community Development Officer by undertaking the following duties:
• supporting the Community Development Officer – Registrar in all of her roles
• answering all enquiries (written/walk-ins/telephonic) concerning enrolments and withdrawals
• liaising with parents and staff in matters relating to the enrolment and withdrawal of students
• organising and leading tours for all prospective parents and students
• coordination of enrolment documentation and data entry relating to future student details
• preparation of documents, forms, packages etc. for mail-outs
• correspondence for the Registrar
• organising and coordinating enrolment appointments and prepare relevant documentation
• assisting in the scholarship applications process in liaison with the Registrar, the Head of Gifted and Talented Education and Corporate Services Office
• monitor and maintain future students’ information on the College Data Base (Edumate) and the Enrolments Ledger
• processing and following up enrolments emails
• processing and following up all documentation relating to the withdrawal of students
• participate in Enrolments marketing events and functions
• participate in Orientation events and functions
• assisting in the organization of College events relating to enrolment, including the College Open Day.
• general administrative duties including photocopying and filing
• provide support to the Administration/Reception team when required
• other duties as determined by Registrar – Community Development Officer or the Headmaster
• prior experience in a similar role in a School or University is desirable
• advanced MS Word and Excel skills
• outstanding customer service and strong communication skills (both telephone and face-to face)
• the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and communicate sensitively with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
• the ability to deal with confidential information in a sensitive and professional manner
• database and data management experience. Experience using Edumate database is desirable
• excellent time-management skills – setting priorities and project managing milestones to meet deadlines.
• analytical and problem-solving skills
• high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• commitment to team work
Award and Working Conditions
This is a permanent full time position – 38 hours per week. The hours are 8.00 am – 4.00 pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch break
This position will require the successful candidate to work during school holidays. Persons in this role are eligible for four weeks’ annual leave per annum taken at times negotiated with the College, with three weeks being the December – January vacation.
Remuneration will be for a Level 2 Clerical Officer under the Independent Schools NSW (Support and Operational Staff) Multi Enterprise Agreement 2015-2017. The College will pay your salary in equal fortnightly instalments by electronic funds transfer into your nominated bank or building society account after deduction of all taxes and levies.