Director of Advancement
Methodist Ladies' College
Posted on: 7 November 2022
Closing date: 7 December, 2022
Methodist Ladies College (MLC) is a leading independent girls’ school, recognised for its unmatched breadth of learning and wellbeing experiences and environments, cutting-edge approach to education, authentic learning experiences and outstanding academic results. Located in Kew, Melbourne MLC is a welcoming and diverse community that offers students a broad, holistic education.
Philanthropy enables MLC to provide on-going support for programs and activities to improve student and family’s experience, fund scholarships and continue to provide outstanding education for girls, and the new strategy includes a significant capital campaign that will enhance education, sport and well-being programs.
As Director of Advancement, you will report directly to the Principal, work closely with Board and Committees and play an integral leadership role to implement the new 5-year strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, creative, and innovative advancement leader. You will have a strong understanding of the nature of philanthropy across a range of income streams such as trusts and foundations, major donors, individual giving, bequests and capital campaigns, together with alumni and community engagement.
You will develop and implement strategies to create, nurture and facilitate deep and sustainable relationships with alumnae and parents, to positively re-enforce and leverage the College’s culture of philanthropy and community engagement. An outstanding communicator, you will build a strong sense of collaboration across the wider team and achieve long standing and trusted relationships with stakeholders throughout the school, and broader MLC community.
- Strategically minded, people-focused and passionate about schools and the integral role they play in the community
- High-achiever, self-motivated, trustworthy, with resilience and a drive to achieve results and outcomes
- Exceptional leadership qualities with proven ability to manage, lead and mentor a high-performing team
- Exceptional presentation, written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to listen, collaborate, engage, negotiate and influence across a broad range of diverse stakeholders
- Analytical mindset and proven organisational ability to plan and work to deadlines
- Tertiary qualifications or leadership experience in marketing, development or business
Relevant fundraising expertise, plus membership or training with FIA, Educate Plus or CASE is desirable.
APPLY NOW if you are a strategic-minded and relationship-building advancement leader who is passionate about education and the impact it has in our community.
Gembridge is proud to partner with MLC.
For a confidential discussion, or to request a candidate pack, please contact Michelle Varcoe or Parool Shah on 03 8375 9661 or email email@example.com