Western Sydney University
Posted on: 31 October 2022
Closing date: 28 November, 2022
Working at Western Sydney University means you will be part of an organisation that is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide and is a research leader – with 80% of the University’s research being at or above world standard.
We understand the key to your success is unlocking your true potential – just as we do with our students. Our 3,500 staff members work together to enable a dynamic, inclusive and innovative culture that is distinctly research-driven and student-centred. The University is deeply embedded in the community and the region we serve, which is Australia’s fastest growing economy and one of the most culturally diverse areas in Australia.
Reporting to the Director, Development, this senior role within the Development team will play a critical role in raising significant funds, building long-term relationships with major donors and philanthropic funding partners and implementing strategy to support exciting initiatives across a numbers of areas, including scholarships, research and capital campaigns.
As a member of the Development team and the wider Office of Advancement, you will also work closely and collaboratively with Schools, Institutes, and professional services colleagues to ensure funding outcomes are achieved.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and negotiation skills to secure beneficial partnerships between the University and philanthropic funders
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Self motivated and strategically minded with proven record of fundraising and business development success in large, complex organisations
- Ability to think critically, objectively, analytically and creatively
- Strong organisational and planning skills and ability to targets and deadlines
- Working knowledge of the philanthropic landscape, with a specific focus on the Australian market
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, CFRE or membership of Fundraising Institute of Australia is highly regarded
APPLY NOW if you are a proactive, creative and funder-centric fundraiser wanting to develop deep and strategic relationships to transform our future generation.
Gembridge is proud to partner with Western Sydney University.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Parool Shah or Michelle Varcoe on 03 8375 9661 or email email@example.com