Monte Sant' Angelo Mercy College
North Sydney, NSW
Posted on: 13 September 2023
Closing date: 6 October, 2023
Monte Sant’ Angelo Mercy College is an independent school for girls in years 7 – 12. Established in 1875 by the Sisters of Mercy, Monte has a proud tradition of commitment to the Catholic faith, academic achievement and cultural endeavour. Heritage buildings and landscaped grounds provide an attractive educational environment.
A full time, permanent opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified Communications Coordinator to join the College’s Development and Community Relations team. This position oversees the College’s production of print and digital marketing collateral, publications and the website.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and highly organised team player with a strong attention to detail. In this role you will be working closely with the Development Office team as well as the broader College community.
Key responsibilities include:
– College Publications (e.g. Monte Matters each week, Monte Gazette twice per year, Angelus each year)
– Graphic design
– Advertising/Media Relations
– Branding, Website & Marketing Collateral
– Event Support
– Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in communications, publications, media relations
– Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
– Graphic Design, Media or Marketing experience
– Experience with or exposure to advertising and editorial
– Advanced copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
– Sound knowledge and experience in website content management/maintenance
This is a full-time, ongoing position based around a 38 hour week however given the nature of this role attendance may be required at out of hours meetings and College events from time to time.
As a school community, Monte places a strong emphasis on collegiality and professional development. Monte staff embrace and celebrate the Mercy values of respect for human dignity, compassion, justice, service to others, and commitment to the poor. All staff are dedicated to preparing our students for a life of success, significance and purpose and support the belief that education should be a rich interweaving of knowledge, skills and spirituality.
Staff at Monte enjoy a range of benefits including:
• Dedicated staff learning and meeting areas and access to the latest technology
• Ongoing professional and pastoral development including staff conference days and workshops with leading local and international education presenters
• Staff scholarships for external academic course work
• “Monte Active” program designed to support the health and wellbeing of all staff including access to the College gym and swimming pool as well as a variety of activities at no cost
• Regular staff morning teas and social opportunities
• Staff choir
Monte provides a professional working environment that reflects and celebrates diversity.
The successful applicant must be willing to support the Catholic ethos of the College and provide a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Monte website and click on ‘About Monte’ and then ‘Working at Monte’
Applications close 6 October 2023