Administrative Officer – Advancement
Posted on September 13, 2017
|Position||Administrative Officer - Advancement|
|Closing Date||Friday, 22nd September 2017|
• Fixed Term position until March 2018
• H0405 | $59k-$72k plus 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
• Ref: 0167G04/201858
The Office of Advancement is comprised of the University’s Development and Alumni departments. The Alumni Relations team builds relations with Murdoch alumni by delivering communications, hosting, and sponsoring both domestic and international events. Each year, we celebrate the achievements of the Murdoch alumni community in the Distinguished Alumni Awards, and raise funds for a scholarship to help final year students in our Alumni Annual Appeal.
The Development team works to link leading businesses, individuals and community minded groups to opportunities at Murdoch University. Fundraising is a key priority for the Development team, as the support of philanthropists, corporate donors and other funding bodies enables Murdoch University to pursue excellence in research and teaching.
The Administrative Officer – Advancement is a key role within the Office of Advancement. The position provides necessary administrative support to both the Alumni Relations and Development teams, in addition to the updating of records and information on the Advancement database, iMIS.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Skills and Experience
• Experience in providing administrative support at various levels.
• Demonstrated high-level contemporary computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint) and management of databases.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and ensure relevant records are appropriately maintained and up to date.
• Sound time management and organisational skills, including the ability to plan and organise work, set priorities, exercise initiatives and demonstrate speed and efficiency to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• A very high level of attention to detail and thoroughness in executing tasks.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written, including ability to write reports and take minutes of meetings.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Guide for Applicants and Position Description, here you will also find the online form to submit your application. Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: 22 September 2017(11:59pm)