Webinar – Improving engagement via social networks for Alumni (and other overlooked community groups!)
We easily focus engagement activities on the community groups in front of us. However, it would be remiss to overlook former students, past parents and previous staff. Especially as they are larger in number (and potential impact) than those on site each term.
Collectively these segments are geographically dispersed. They cross many life stages. This makes engagement more challenging.
Social networks can help to bridge the divide. Activities via socials can be more regular than events and more relational than emails or publications.
But are we maximising the opportunity? We know more can be done than the occasional alumni achievement post.
But what works? And which channels should get your attention?
– How to strategically use social media & networks for engagement of your ‘past’ communities.
– How to balance the challenges and opportunities of social media for your institution
– What merit there is in owning one of your own.
– What ‘content themes work and see examples from other educational organisations.
Who is this webinar for:
– Community Engagement professionals
– Alumni Relations professionals
– Marketing Communications professionals
Date : Tuesday, 24 October 2023
Time : 1 – 2 pm AEST. Please check your local time.
Location: Online via Zoom
Cost: Free for members, $35 plus GST for non-members
A service marketer by trade Merryn spent a decade (or so!) working in telecommunications across a variety of Director level roles at Optus including brand, retail, segment and product marketing.
With a heart leading her to the ‘For Purpose’ industry Merryn switched to education working in advancement. She launched the Alumni program from scratch at Oxford Falls Grammar and drove their philanthropic efforts in conjunction with the Foundation.
After being an early local ToucanTech customer she switched sides as ToucanTech’s General Manager, APAC. ToucanTech supports marketing, advancement and development teams through software and digital technologies.